It is a fragmented business that operates domestically, a mix of for-profit and non-profit organizations.
Listed here are the highest seven issues to learn about this sector:
- Market worth & development: It is a market valued at $2.0 billion in 2020 that’s forecast to develop 4.0% per 12 months to $2.45 billion by 2025. The pandemic did lead to a shift to extra telehealth companies. Therapy applications generate $1.4 billion, whereas the drugs market is value $627 million.
- Key forecasts: Therapy heart revenues are anticipated to develop 4.5% per 12 months from 2021 to 2025, outpacing the expansion of the autism medication market, which is forecast to develop 3.0% per 12 months (common annual price).
- The necessity for therapy: The variety of autistic youngsters is rising in the US, on the price of 6.2% per 12 months. The CDC now estimates that 1 in 54 youngsters born within the U.S. are autistic.
- Extra therapy facilities: The overwhelming majority of the most important for-profit therapy corporations has elevated the variety of facilities they function, and their revenues, in comparison with 2017.
- The autism medication market: A number of drugs (Risperdal, Concerta) are nonetheless used to deal with individuals with autism, and more cost effective generics have entered the market, leading to decrease whole revenues. There may be substantial R&D going down to develop new and more practical medication.
- Medical insurance protection for autism: Insurance coverage protection of autistic youngsters has improved over the previous 4 years, with 64% now lined (vs. 36% in 2016). All 50 states now cowl it.
- Income estimates: The highest 9 for-profit chains are estimated to have posted 2019 revenues of $547 million.
Be taught Extra Concerning the Autism Therapy Business
Concerning the Creator: John LaRosa is the President of Marketdata LLC and is the writer of 100+ business and market research. His analysis seems in high media shops together with ABC, CNN, Fox, Forbes, USA At present, The Wall Avenue Journal, The New York Occasions, and quite a lot of commerce journals.