Journey mapping is a bread and butter exercise for CX professionals — shut to 3 quarters of CX groups do it (in line with our 2020 survey of CX professionals), and it’s amongst essentially the most frequent subjects we get requested about from purchasers. Its reputation as a instrument for understanding clients’ experiences and driving expertise enhancements is nicely deserved. Journey mapping gives a holistic view into how the complexities of how completely different groups, departments and touchpoints collectively work collectively to affect buyer perceptions.
However wrangling the myriad customer-facing issues and inner limitations that create the hole between the present state and the specified buyer expertise is usually difficult. That’s why we created the Buyer Journey Hole Evaluation evaluation—to not solely perceive the gaps in buyer expectations, however the inner cultural and organizational gaps that may forestall you from realizing your future-state imaginative and prescient.
The hole evaluation examines deficits that must be improved to actualize the long run state throughout 5 dimensions:
- Buyer perceptions hole: The place experiences meet clients’ expectations and the place they don’t.
- Decisionmakers’ data hole: The place and the way beliefs leaders have about clients’ experiences that may forestall them from shopping for into the long run state.
- Worker data hole: The place workers lack the coaching or data to ship an expertise that meets clients’ expectations.
- Worker enablement hole: The place workers’ means to ship good CX is stymied by know-how and course of limitations.
- Buyer communications hole: Whether or not guarantees made to buyer by means of communications will not be delivered within the expertise.
Assessing every of those areas intimately ensures that you simply’ll be prepared to handle the limitations behind the so known as “line of visibility” in experiences—enhancing what clients see, and what occurs backstage that permits expertise enchancment to happen and maintain.
Forrester has developed a instrument to assist information you thru this course of, detailed in my recent report on conducting hole analyses. We hope utilizing this information will guarantee your journey maps will not be simply attention-grabbing explorations into clients’ experiences, however highly effective instruments that drive CX transformation.
Wish to enhance government buy-in for buyer expertise transformation? Take the Forrester CX Reality Day challenge on July 13, 2021. Rally your government workforce and key stakeholders and have them “go undercover” as clients to see your group’s experiences from the surface in.