Is getting higher at innovating necessary to you? Most firms know they should innovate of their merchandise, companies, and buyer expertise (CX) however wrestle to do it properly. To search out out what they’re doing to beat that problem, we surveyed organizations about their enterprise priorities — together with particularly whether or not bettering their capability to innovate is a precedence.
If it’s a precedence the place you’re employed, what’s your organization doing about it? For respondents who instructed us getting higher at innovation is a excessive or crucial precedence, we requested what actions they’re taking to realize that goal. We had been particularly curious about respondents who additionally indicated that bettering CX and bettering their services are additionally amongst their high enterprise priorities, and we discovered that the highest-ranked motion this cohort reported was “Enhance our understanding of buyer wants” (36%).
We’re glad it topped the checklist, as a result of we agree that buyer understanding is an important type of proof you want for efficient innovation. However that 36% quantity left us questioning concerning the remaining 64% — why are they not taking motion to enhance their understanding of buyer wants? Is it as a result of they already perceive them so properly? Or is it as a result of they don’t understand how key it’s to innovating? Does your organization acknowledge it’s?
Be part of me at Forrester’s CX North America 2021 occasion, the place I’ll be presenting about evidence-based innovation on June 7. I’m impressed by the success of evidence-based drugs in remodeling healthcare, which is why I’ve borrowed the phrase “evidence-based” to explain how we will get significantly better at innovation — by making certain we’re rooting and validating our innovation efforts in strong proof, together with 4 kinds of expertise analysis in addition to findings from rising expertise pilots and different key components.
I look ahead to connecting with you nearly! You’ll be able to register for the event here.