You don’t have to have a “Eureka!” second to give you an awesome enterprise thought. You may simply give you nice concepts for those who ask your self the appropriate questions.
Extra persons are enthusiastic about entrepreneurship than ever earlier than. Everybody will get caught at “arising with a good suggestion.”
One downside I see is individuals wish to create copycat merchandise that aren’t any totally different from the incumbents. Or they wish to make the identical factor, however simply do it cheaper.
My good friend talked about he wished to begin a protein bar firm. They’re consumable, simple to placed on subscription mannequin, and first rate margins.
The issue is that they’re kinda aggressive.
I requested him what his bars are going to be like?
“Tastes nice, low sugar, excessive protein, and excessive fiber.”
My instant response: “How are you going to compete in opposition to Quest and all the opposite protein bars that promise the precise factor?”
It’s essential to remedy issues, and you’ll want to remedy them otherwise than everybody else.
I’m going to stroll you thru the brainstorming session I had with him. He’s not pursuing this business anymore so perhaps considered one of you guys can do one thing with it (and hook me up with protein bars!)
You may method ideation in a scientific method. Take the query and framework that I’m utilizing, and use to brainstorm concepts for your self.
1. What Demographics Aren’t Being Served?
I began entering into skincare once I noticed my first wrinkle. I went off to Walgreen’s. And went straight to the lads’s aisle and noticed my choices.
I didn’t perceive why my facial lotion needed to be “excessive.”
Afterward, I discovered that there’s actually no distinction between males and feminine skincare. I’m paying additional for it to odor like timber.
You see this in all industries. Ladies pay one thing referred to as the “Pink Tax.”
You may take this mentality and create a model round demographics.
- Older males
- Older girls
You may formulate the protein bars to serve the demographic higher. Add some cartoon pictures for the children. Older girls shall be interested in bars with collagen in them.
2. What’s the Subsequent Food plan Pattern?
Listed below are the ensures in life: Dying, Taxes, and a brand new food plan trend.
Keto is the recent food plan proper now. Just a few years in the past, PerfectKeto got here in and crushed it. They’ve dietary supplements and protein bars designed to assist individuals with their Keto objectives.
Going vegan is gaining popularity. There are many vegan protein bars on the market.
These two markets are most likely too aggressive proper now so that you can enter.
Do a little analysis into what the subsequent food plan trends are.
Right here’s what I discovered:
- There’s an growing demand for diets that increase immunity. You may guess why.
- One other food plan trend is the DASH food plan, which is concentrated on stopping coronary heart illness and decreasing hypertension. It’s based mostly on proscribing the quantity of sodium.
Perceive the wants of the food plan, and formulate appropriately.
3. What’s a Distinctive Ingredient with Confirmed Advantages?
The best ingredient can present a profit, and differentiate your product from everybody else’s.
What’s one distinctive ingredient that you would be able to add to your bar? How does that profit assist?
- Four Sigmatic pioneered the mushroom motion for dietary supplements and occasional. There’s a trend in the direction of individuals realizing the facility of mushrooms.
- Exo Protein is utilizing Crickets. There’s a pattern towards sustainability. Crickets are the world’s most sustainable protein.
I’d analysis different sources of “bizarre” protein. Analysis different cultures. Take a look at the “previous” for inspiration. Bulletproof made butter in espresso well-liked, but it surely has existed for hundreds of years in Tibet. Chia seeds are well-liked now with suburban mothers, however Peruvians have been consuming it for hundreds of years.
What different bugs could possibly be good sources of protein?
You could possibly do an ant, beetle, or grasshopper based mostly protein bar.
Take into consideration how massive the “collagen” protein business has turn into. What’s the subsequent collagen?
4. What Flavors Are Standard, however Aren’t Utilized But?
This one’s impressed by Ben & Jerry’s.
I’m taking a look at protein bars, and so they are likely to fall into the standard flavors: vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter, cookie dough, cookies and cream, and many others.
What different attention-grabbing flavors are you able to give you?
Listed below are a couple of concepts I’ve.
- Ethnic based mostly. May there be protein bars which are Indian, Japanese, or Brazilian flavored?
- Cereal. Once I lived in New York, I beloved getting cookies by Milk Bar. Their signature taste was “cereal.” I’m wondering if there are any protein bars impressed by our favourite cereals. This might invoke a nostalgia play.
- Standard Current Flavors. What are the highest ice cream flavors on the market? Which of them aren’t served by protein bars?
Distinctive flavors are highly effective as a result of they encourage repeat purchases. If somebody’s a fan of 1 taste, they’re going to wish to strive all of them.
And for first time patrons, providing a “selection pack” of all flavors will do nicely.
5. How Can I Ship the Protein in a Completely different Manner?
Protein bars are available the identical normal, rectangular form.
There’s a marketplace for delivering the protein in a special kind.
The primary technique can be to supply totally different packaging. Peanut butter often is available in a jar.
Superfats packages peanut butter as on-the-go snacks.
One other thought is to not restrict your self to bars. Folks need protein. What different varieties are you able to ship protein in?
- Protein peanut butter
- Protein peanut butter cups like Reeses
- Protein crackers
- Protein rice truffles
- Protein waffles
- Protein cookie
- Protein ice cream
6. What Are the Largest Issues with Protein Bars?
My favourite protein bar is RXBAR.
I’ve at all times questioned what sort of “crap” corporations put into protein bars. RXBAR makes a daring promise on their packaging.
These are their elements. That’s it. There was a “transparency” downside with protein bars, and so they fastened it.
What different issues might there be with protein bars?
The best means is to analysis well-liked protein bars on Amazon. What are individuals complaining about of their opinions?
I did some analysis and got here up with some concepts:
- Somebody desires a bar that’s simpler to digest. They get upset stomachs every time they eat one. Create one which’s plant-based and excessive in fiber.
- Somebody likes to take their protein bars on hikes, but it surely will get crushed and melted simply. The bars are individually wrapped in a tougher plastic.
7. How Can I Make Protein Bars Extra Useful?
I’m assuming most individuals eat protein bars as a handy and wholesome snack. What if the protein bar might comprise elements that assist them serve a selected goal?
- Survival Bar: Individuals are into “survival” and emergencies greater than ever due to COVID-19. Create one which’s designed to last more than conventional. Their bars final for a yr, ours is designed to final for a decade.
- Sleeping Protein Bars: Some individuals have hassle falling asleep at evening. It could possibly be as a result of they’re going to mattress hungry. What if there was a protein bar designed that will help you sleep. It’s simple to digest and has some sleep support elements akin to L-theanine.
- Focus Bars: Comprises Nootropics and caffeine. A greater various to espresso and vitality drinks. They aid you focus and preserve you full!
- The Magnificence Bar: Eat this protein bar to enhance your pores and skin. It’s filled with collagen and retinol.
8. How Can I Create an Aspirational Model Story?
Folks love tales.
I used to be broke in school, and I wanted a pocket book. There was the generic one for $5. Subsequent to it was the $20 Moleskine.
I went with the Moleskine although I couldn’t afford it. This was the journal of Picasso, Van Gogh, and Ernest Hemingway. Possibly writing on this pocket book would assist me turn into extra inventive.
Shopping for it elevated my sense of id.
Take into consideration what tribes would purchase a protein bar and who they’d aspire to be like.
- Viking Protein Bars: Crossfitters and Robust Mudders suppose they’re warriors. When the Vikings went to battle, they introduced alongside protein bars. These protein bars are based mostly on historical recipes.
- Louis and Clark Bars: Hikers wish to be like Louis and Clark. These protein bars had been impressed by a recipe present in considered one of their journals.
- Navy / Patriot bars: I don’t have to do a search to know that there are navy and patriot impressed protein bars on the market.
There’s who the shopper is now, and there’s who the shopper desires to turn into. The purchasers purchase merchandise to assist them really feel related to their finish purpose.
It’s why some persons are prepared to purchase Louis Vuitton although they’ll’t afford it. It’s what they aspire to be like.
You Have Extra Concepts Than You Assume
I haven’t at all times been in enterprise ideation mode.
However I’ve spent over a decade producing angles and headlines. I’ve discovered that the simplest method to generate concepts is thru questions and formulation.
4 Profitable Headline Formulas
Angle Generation System
With this text, I wished to indicate how I’d method a aggressive business akin to protein bars.
Yet another word: don’t be scared in case your product already exists. Apple didn’t create the primary smartphone. Execution is extra necessary.