Google wrote about a few of the efforts it takes in the direction of stopping and eradicating “faux and fraudulent contributed content material” on Google Maps. The numbers of how a lot Google has faraway from the Google Maps ecosystem is fairly wonderful.
Listed below are a few of the highlights from the previous 12 months, in 2020:
- 55 million policy-violating critiques had been blocked or eliminated
- 3 million faux Enterprise Profiles had been eliminated
- Eliminated 960,000 critiques and greater than 300,000 Enterprise Profiles that had been reported to us by Google Maps customers.
- 160 million pictures had been reviewed and eliminated that violated insurance policies or had been of low high quality.
- 3.5 million movies had been reviewed and eliminated that violated insurance policies or had been of low high quality.
- Google disabled greater than 610,000 consumer accounts after detecting and investigating suspicious or policy-violating conduct.
- Google stopped greater than 3 million makes an attempt by unhealthy actors to confirm Enterprise Profiles on Google that didn’t belong to them.
The loopy half is the 55 million critiques and three million enterprise profiles that had been eliminated was lower than what was carried out in 2019. Google stated it was “20 million fewer critiques than we eliminated in 2019 as we noticed a drop within the total variety of critiques on account of fewer folks being out and about throughout COVID-19.”
Discussion board dialogue at Twitter.