Alan Kent, Developer Advocate at Google, posted a lightening speak on the Google YouTube channel round how you can get your merchandise in search. This may help e-commerce websites get extra visibility and gross sales from Google Search.
Not one of the info on this video is particularly new however it’s a nice overview the place Alan goes by means of:
- The place does Google show product info? Net search, picture search, procuring, Google Maps for native stock and extra.
- The evolution of merchandise on Google
- Why is product knowledge completely different from different knowledge
- About utilizing structured knowledge for product knowledge
- Find out how to get product knowledge into Google Service provider Heart: (a) crawling, (b) platform feed and (c) goal content material API calls
Here’s a chart within the video of how to get your merchandise in Google Search as we speak:
There are three major methods for getting your merchandise in search:
(1) Net crawl which might take days between Googlebot crawls
(2) Feeds which is scheduled periodic updates (eg a number of occasions per day)
(3) Content material API which updates might be accomplished in minutes and on demand
Right here is the video:
Discussion board dialogue at Twitter.